- Engage with students
Engage with students
The University of Queensland is graduating more Geography, Planning and Environmental students today than ever before. Industry has an excellent opportunity to engage with and assist in the development of the practitioners of tomorrow. Student-industry involvement benefits both groups in a number of ways.
Participating companies are able to:
- gain access to and recruit high quality students
- promote and increase awareness of their organisation to our student body
- support student development to ensure graduate skills meet the needs of industry
- show their support for educational initiatives which develop technical knowledge and skills in creativity, communication, teamwork and management.
Participating students benefit from:
- awareness of employers within industry
- enhanced employment prospects
- increased professional and personal networks
- greater experience of real-world projects; and
- improved skills.
Opportunities exist for organisations to connect with students by:
- Granting scholarships and/or prizes
- Providing opportunities for vacation employment
- Providing opportunities for work experience
- Providing full time industry placements for final year students
- Sponsoring or participating in School of GPEM events
- Sponsoring student activities e.g. fieldtrips and research activities
- Sponsoring student groups.
Industry members are invited to contact the Faculty of Science to discuss potential collaboration and to support the development of a new generation of scientists.
Last updated: Aug 25, 2009